WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GdPfx0K5I
Today's question was asked by Andrew "Can you recommend some books to read for people new to software development". In today's episode, I list 5 books that I found as complete game changers. These books completely changed the way I thought about code. Without reading these books I don't think I would have achieved the same level of success.
For those of you wanting to buy the books, you can buy them all from Amazon using these links (Affiliate links, if you are going to buy them, please help support the hosting costs for this site):
1. Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction, Second Edition
2. Head First Design Patterns: A Brain-Friendly Guide
3. These three books by Uncle Bob are essential reads, Clean Code, Clean Coder, Clean Architect.
Beginner: Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Beginner: The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers
Advanced: Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design (Robert C. Martin Series)
4. Phoneix Project is written as a novel to help explain why DevOps is important. DevOps manual is the technical companion that goes into the patterns and techniques you can use.
The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
5. Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
Software Architect, Programmer and Technologist Jon Jones is founder and CEO of London-based tech firm Digital Prompt. He has been working in the field for nearly a decade, specializing in new technologies and technical solution research in the web business. A passionate blogger by heart , speaker & consultant from England.. always on the hunt for the next challenge