Recently, I was trying to upgrade my Episerver sample site from v7 to v10. Everything looked like it had upgraded and worked as expected until I tried to load the editor. When I tried to view the editor nothing loaded! Using the Chrome dev-tools, within my browsers console windows I saw this error:


The issue seemed to be occurring within the modules folder. The modules folder is the place where the core Episerver framework files get installed. As the editor wasn't working I assumed something had gone wrong in the upgrade process. To fix the issue I deleted everything within my modules folder and in the Nuget 'Package Manager Console' I re-installed the Episerver, code packages using this command:

This magically fixed my issue 😊😊😊. When issues like this have happened in the past I've always found it a good idea to close the solution, perform an IIS reset and clear the PCstTemporary internet files. To be more efficient, I have written a script to do this here. After clearing this folder, was re-added into the Shell folder and was re-added into the CMS folder. These files can be seen in the 'protected' folder that is located in the modules bin. After opening Episerver in an incognito mode tab, the editor worked again! Happy Coding 🤘